What On Earth Happened to the Other Half of Heidi Klum’s Dress?
Heidi Klum’s dress at the MTV European Music Awards looked a little… incomplete. What do you think might have happened to it?
Bettys, let’s cut right to the chase: The MTV European Music Awards happened on Sunday in Frankfurt, Germany, and as is the case with most music awards shows, the red carpet was full of fashions I like to classify as “…interesting.” Among them was this aqua and gold creation worn by Heidi Klum.
I was originally going to do this post in the form of a “Love It or Hate It?”; but to be honest, I think it’s so outside the realm of normal fashion do’s and don’ts or likes and dislikes that “Love It or Hate It?” doesn’t quite seem to cut it. So instead I’ll ask you this: What on earth happened to the other half of Heidi Klum’s dress?
Now, bizarrely, Heidi actually DOESN’T look awful in this getup. Most people would, but on Heidi, it just looks a little weird instead of downright disastrous (such are the advantages of being a supermodel). It does, however, look a little… incomplete. Here are some possible explanations:
1. She forgot half of it at home.
2. Her seamstress ran out of time.
3. She’s trying her hand at the Angelina Jolie’s Right Leg look, with a twist. Say hello to Heidi Klum’s Left Leg.
4. She has decided to run away and join the circus. This is her version of a tightrope walker’s costume.
5. A gigantic, mutant clothing moth attacked her wardrobe and attempted to eat the whole thing; but luckily, Heidi managed to wrest the pieces of her last remaining dress away from the creature before it consumed it along with everything else.
6. A single thread got stuck in the machine we call life, unraveling half of the dress before Heidi was able to grab hold of it and stop it.
Or, y’know, it’s just a fashion risk that didn’t quite pay off. But hey, since it’s Heidi we’re talking about here, we’ll let it slide; after all, this woman could probably make a paper bag look glamorous.
Tell us: What do you think happened to the other half of Heidi’s dress?
Lucia Peters is BettyConfidential’s associate editor.