Video: Dressbarn Style Squad Closet Essentials Primer
This mom and daughter duo learn what works for their body type and how to share!
Trends come and go. When you have the right “basic” style items, it’s easy to mix them in with the newest trends. But what are the basic items you need to build your style on?
dressbarn’s Style Squad explains it all! This mom and daughter duo get great tips on how to look trendy, chic and classic at the same time. Watch the video for more great information. Oh, and there’s a coupon at the end of the video too!
What do you need in your closet, season after season?
* Every closet needs a great blazer, classic dress and pair of jeans that make your butt look great!
* Take the time to find the perfect-fitting denim for your body type. Denim is that piece you can wear with boots or heels – day or night. A stretch fabric can also help you avoid pinching areas you don’t want to be accentuated.
* Choose a well-fitting coat like a belted trench, and look for styles that are slimming and comfortable.
* A piece that can be a classic choice to make any outfit is a basic v-neck top. A v-neckline is universal for most body types. It also helps elongate the neck and make you appear taller.
* Don’t forget that LBD or little black dress. Dress it up, dress it down – throughout the year you never know when you might need to grab your classic number for a night on the town!
* Stretching your closet options doesn’t mean stretching your wallet. With the right core pieces you can create a number of looks.
PJ Gach is Senior Editor: Style + Beauty at BettyConfidential.