Wanna Know the BEST Place to Find a Date?
Check out your local Whole Foods Market … if you don’t have one, MOVE near one
-Deborah Perry Piscione
OK … you’ve tried the Internet and it didn’t work for you, and now you’re pining away to meet a FABULOUS guy who’s hot (need I say more?), successful, into taking good care of himself and MAN-LY!
Where’s a GREAT SINGLE GAL to go?
Honey, he ain’t at the BAR (so cliche and ’80s).
Drumroll, please … ROLL, ROLL …
Go to WHOLE FOODS! I REPEAT: “GO TO WHOLE FOODS!”
Can we talk? I came away with at least a dozen dates during my single days this way (specifically from the Whole Foods in Arlington, Va., outside of Washington, DC). My friends used to ask me all the time, “Where do you meet these guys, and how do you do it?”
EQUATION Y: Please – it doesn’t take a half a brain to figure out that a guy who shops at WHOLE FOODS is probably pretty healthy (TRANSLATION: no couch potatoes, beer drinking, football watching, thinking he’s got it going on here), is conscientious about something (TRANSLATION: the environment, animals, human rights, his mother) and likes to do the active things in life (TRANSLATION: kayaking, hiking, international travel).
I feel so strongly about my former dating ritual that if you don’t live near a WHOLE FOODS, I think you should MOVE near one. Trust me … you won’t regret it.
OK … here are some practical tips on how to meet a guy and find a date at WHOLE FOODS:
1) Shop when he shops (don’t go to WHOLE FOODS on your lunch hour; he’s working. Go AFTER work. The weekends are tricky, ladies, as he’s out there kayaking, biking or running a marathon. He ain’t shopping on the weekends unless he REALLY has to.
2) Shop like a man – don’t buy that birdseed, honey-basted granola mix, because he ain’t buying that. Buy manly man foods like meat and potatoes.
3) When you spot “the guy,” ask him how he grills that steak in his cart.
4) If you spot protein bars, protein drinks or nutritional supplements in his cart, tell him you are thinking about running a marathon and need his advice (healthy guys love chicks who are athletic).
5) Avoid guys who have tofu or sprouts in their carts or are shopping in the metrosexual aisle (this one is courtesy of my husband), otherwise known as the land of hemp-seed shampoo.
6) Make STRONG eye contact with every MALE SPECIES but the checkout guy – use your checkout time wisely.
7) Worst case-scenario … ram your cart into his – DISCREETLY!
For more on the Whole Foods dating scene, check out this story of how a woman found happily ever after there, and how our L.A. correspondent, Carrie Seim, found affirmation of her meant-to-be status with a hot doctor at none other than Whole Foods.
Tell us: Have you found love at a Whole Foods?
Previous Betty’s Best articles: