The Perfect Apple Accessory (That’s Not A Case)
Mobile projectors aren’t just for office presentations anymore!
-The Betty Editors
|This post is brought to you by 3M.|
It?s easy to love Apple products — and love to accessorize them. Beyond cases, headphones and docking stations, there?s a new way to have even more fun: a mobile projector. Before, you may have thought of mobile projectors as something for office presentations or techno geeks. But today’s models are smaller, easier, brighter and designed to work with iPods, iPhones and iPads.
One to try: the 3M Mobile Projector. Designed to work with all your favorite Apple gadgets, it’s simple to use and has lots of cool features, including 32 lumens for 2 hours, a screen size up to 80” and even a built-in flip stand.
The best part? Because the 3M Mobile Projector is small enough to stash in your purse, you can create a screen just about anywhere: on a wall, a ceiling, a t-shirt — even a cocktail napkin. While enjoying cocktails, of course.
After playing with the 3M Mobile Projector, we found lots of ways to use it. Here’s our top 10 list:
1. Vacation sensation. Show off the stunning scenery from your last vacation. Invite the girls over, whip up mango margaritas and play a slideshow of your vacay photos on the wall.
2. Stars under the stars. Create the ultimate backyard sleepover by hooking up a mobile projector to your iPad and watching movies on the tent wall. Better than s’mores!
3. Gaming to the next level. Forget the kids. Imagine the larger-than-life excitement for you, playing Wii Mario Kart or Xbox 360 Call of Duty on the wall or ceiling.
4. Happier birthday. Your adorable child turned 4. Of course you created an iMovie of her life thus far, set to music. Make a big production out of it by showing it on the kitchen wall during cake and ice cream.
5. Roadtrip companion. Whether you’re going across town or across country, the kids can project a movie on the back seat of the car for hours of entertainment.
6. Score cool points. Baseball. Soccer. Ballet. Projecting is the perfect way to show off photos and videos of your kids’ sports and activities. You know, before they go pro.
7. Out of the office. You’re jetting off to the Hong Kong headquarters, but need to approve designs. Skip the tiny mobile phone image — connect and project right onto your hotel room wall.
8. A+ report card. The kids will be star pupils when they share school projects with their classmates. Talk about collaborative learning.
9. Rainy day fun. Pop the popcorn, cuddle under the covers, hook up your mobile projector to your iPad and watch Netflix movies on the ceiling.
10. Family reunion. Crazy Uncle Charlie. Loud Aunt Lucy. At the annual golf tournament and poker extravaganza, you’ll delight the crowd with a projected slide show of photos from years past.