Sad News: Sage Stallone, Son of Sylvester Stallone, Has Passed Away at 36
Sylvester Stallone’s son Sage was found dead in Los Angeles on Friday afternoon. Our condolences go out to Sage’s family and friends.
Sad news this morning, Bettys: Sage Stallone, the son of Rocky star Sylvester Stallone, has passed away. Sage, who acted alongside his father in Rocky V, was found dead in his Los Angeles home on Friday afternoon. He was only 36 years old.
To make a sad story even sadder, there is a good deal of mystery surrounding Sage’s death. Sage’s longtime friend and lawyer, George Braunstein, confirmed to E! Online that Sage’s friends and family were having trouble getting in touch with him; his mother, Sasha Czack, subsequently called his housekeeper, who then discovered Sage’s body when she went to check on him. There were no signs of forced entry or foul play, nor any indication that criminal activity had been involved; furthermore, contrary to some reports, Sage had not been dead for as long as three days at the time he was found. In fact, Sage was found to have posted some photos to his Facebook page roughly 17 hours beforehand.
Braunstein does not believe that Sage had taken his own life; by all accounts, he was happy, about to get married (his fiancée remains unnamed) and content. Said the attorney, “He was very creative, energetic and very full of life. We were just joking about how he was going to get married and have a fun marriage. There was nothing dark or depressing, no problems, certainly no financial problems.” It’s also unlikely that substance abuse had anything to do with Sage’s death; although he did smoke cigarettes and consumed candy and soda, he never did anything stronger. “Sage didn’t even drink,” Braunstein said before going on to shoot down rumors that empty liquor bottles were found in his room. “There was a report that his room was filled with liquor bottles. Actually, they were empty bottls of Dr. Brown’s Cream Soda.”
There is, however, still some question about whether those empty bottles might have been prescription medication bottles, rather than drink bottles. Police currently believe that an accidental overdose may have killed him. The autopsy is complete, but the results of the toxicology report won’t come back for another 4-6 weeks. In the meantime, Braunstein has stated that he believes it to have been either a health emergency or a tragic accident.
Whatever the case, it’s always a tragedy to lose someone, especially one so young with so much verve. Our best goes out to the Stallone family and Sage’s friends and loved ones.
Lucia Peters is BettyConfidential’s associate editor.