My 5 Fave Mascaras
These are the beauty items that I can’t live without.
Welcome to a new BettyConfidential beauty series. Once a week, a Betty will share products that she loves. They may be old favorites or something new.
If you know me, you know that I’m a beauty junkie. At the ripe old age of 9, I smuggled my mother’s brand new eye shadow compact out of the house and took it with me to day camp. Need I mention that it was expensive? The camp called my mom to inform her that I was giving my fellow campers makeovers with it. Nope, she wasn’t happy.
I love mascara. It can open your eyes, aid in flirting and if done well add piquant charm to a lone tear (no, I can’t do that). Here are the 5 mascaras that I go to again and again. This list is not done alphabetically or by importance.
1. Smokey Lash by Makeup Forever ($22, sephora.com). Gives you sexy, flirty eyes.
2. L’Oreal Voluminous original volume building mascara ($7.29, drugstore.com). One stroke and you have long lashes. Best of all, if you cry a little- the mascara doesn’t smudge.
3. Covergirl Lash Blast ($6.94, target.com). I actually hoard this mascara! Gives you great lashes and washes off in a flash.
4. Wet N Wild Mega length mascara intense length ($2.99, cvs.com). Wet N Wild mascara was my very first makeup purchase. Nope, mom didn’t know. This mascara is inexpensive and it works. ‘Nuff said!
5. N.Y.C. New York Color maximum boost volumizing mascara ($4, sears.com). I was first seduced by its sexy packaging, but love the way it make my lashes look as if they’re naturally super long and lush.
PJ Gach is the Senior Editor: Style + Beauty at BettyConfidential.