How to Re-Create Venus Williams’ + Missy Franklin’s Olympic Nail Art at Home!
Celebrity nail manicurist Skyy Hadley shows us how easy it is to show off Olympic pride on your nails.
Olympic athletes like Missy Franklin, Venus Williams, and Allison Schmitt are sporting Olympic nail art as they go for the gold. Fans across the country have been wearing Olympic-themed nail art and showing it off online too! They all look gorgeous and slightly hard to pull off. But it’s really not that complicated and here’s how you can do these 3 fab looks it at home.
Gold medal winner Missy Franklin shared this picture of her patriotic mani/pedi with her twitter followers and I just LOVE it!
To create Missy’s American flags:
1. Choose a pure white polish and paint one or two nails on each hand so the flags stand out.
2. After brushing on two coats of white, create the red vertical stripes using a small design nail polish brush or a toothpick
3. Then apply a thick line of bold blue polish across the tip of the nail as you would for a French manicure.
4. Dip a toothpick into the white, or silver, nail polish and draw little stars on the blue background.
5. Finish with a fast dry clear top coat.
Venus Williams and Allison Schmitt’s step-by-step instructions up next!