How to Re-Create Jenny Packham’s Bridal Fashion Show Chignon
Looking for a new way to style your hair for a wedding, big event or hot date? Try this updated chignon.
For the Jenny Packham bridal fashion show, Tresemme lead stylist Jeanie Syfu created a sexy take on the classic chignon: A side bun that had a crimped texture.
Here’s how to re-create it at home:
1. Apply TRESemmé Climate Control Foaming Mousse on damp hair and power dry on high heat using a flat brush.
2. Make a deep side-part and create a few random braids on the heavier side of the part, along the hairline and crown. Spray each braid with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray and fasten with small elastics.
3. Use a flat iron to set the braids by running it along the length to create a natural crimped texture.
4. While the braids are cooling, use a curling iron to create soft loose waves throughout the rest of the hair.
5. Undo the braids and run fingers throughout, loosely pulling hair into a low ponytail to the opposite side of the part, behind the ear.
6. Loosely pin the length into a bun and spray with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray for a soft and touchable finish.
What you’ll need to do this hairstyle at home:
TRESemmé Climate Control Foaming Mousse, TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray, small elastics, flat iron, curling Iron with 1 1/4” – 1 1/2″ barrel, hairpins in a variety of sizes, clips, combs, brushes, blow dryer and scissors or razor (to cut elastic).
PJ Gach is Senior Editor: Style + Beauty at BettyConfidential.