How to Plan the Perfect First Date – No Matter Where In the US You Are!
Online dating site HowAboutWe’s first date infographic reveals some surprising dating trends in every city in America. Check it out here!
Are you single? According to Census data, over half of the US is, too. What does that mean? Dates, of course. Lots and lots of dates.
Curious about exactly how Americans are spending their time during those dates? What do they eat and drink, and where do they go after that? Well, consider your burning questions answered! Online dating site HowAboutWe has just released an interactive infographic charting what its users get up to on their dates. The site’s best analysts examined thousands of popular dating destinations sourced anonymously from over one million dates planned by it—and the results are in! Here are a few tidbits:
- The majority of the US like to get some liquid courage into their systems when meeting someone for the first time: Over 62% of first dates involve alcohol.
- West Coast cities top the list for sports and fitness dates (nine of the top ten cities known for their sporty dates are located there), while cities on the East Coast posted significantly more drinking dates.
- Like to give back while you’re dating? Head to Detroit: Singles in that city are twice as likely to propose a volunteering date than other single Americans. Volunteering dates also tend to be more popular in the winter.
- Into yoga? Try Los Angeles: It boasts more breakfast and yoga dates than any other city.
- Board games and bowling are popular across the country. A little friendly competition gets the blood pumping, after all!
- “Grabbing a coffee” is rarely just having a cup of coffee. Date suggestions that pair coffee with another activity get four times as many responses as coffee-only suggestions.
- The most popular date suggestion in Seattle is rock climbing; in Vegas, it’s painting or drawing together (pro tip: Stay away from the strip!).
Want to know more? Check out the infographic below, where you can explore by city or by activity, or head over to HowAboutWe for a bigger version:
Tell us: What was your best first date?
Lucia Peters is BettyConfidential’s associate editor.