How to Look Gorgeous in Five Minutes or Less
Even when you’re rushed for time, just a few products and steps can make you look glam.
How many of us have slept through the alarm? How many times have you been so caught up in getting stuff done, that when you look up, time has fled? We’re all trying to beat the clock one way or another. I hate to say it, but the last thing we think of is putting on makeup. You think, “Oh. I’ll slap on a lipstick and it’ll work.” Later on, you look in the mirror and think, “Eek!”
I’ve been there too many times to count. I’ve come up with a basic look that lasts throughout the day and night. It’s easy and fast to apply. And I’m sharing it with you.
Okay: to look good, you have to start with good skin care. Take off your makeup at night. Use a good cleanser and moisturize!
I start and end my days with Benefit’s Foamingly Clean facial wash ($21, benefitcosmetics.com). It’s great for sensitive skin, making dirt and makeup disappear. Right now I’m using the Elizabeth Grant Vitamin C Weekender ($59, elizabethgrant.com). The cute bag contains the Elizabeth Vitamin C hydra-moist concentrated serum, Vitamin C hydra-moist eye radiance and Vitamin C hydra-moist all day cream. I haven’t used the other products in the bag yet- I need down time! What I like about these products is that they absorb quickly, dry fast and make my skin feel soft.
Okay now on to the good stuff, the cosmetics. I use 7 products and I’m done for the day (and sometimes) the night. This part takes about three minutes tops on a rushed day. Once you get the hang of it, I promise you, you’ll be in and out in no time flat. Yet, you’ll look fabulous.
1. I start with Benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing ($19, benefitcosmetics.com) in number 2. A truly amazing an effective concealer that comes in three shades. I use it under eyes, on my nose and to hide any zits I have. It blends in perfectly with my natural skin tone.
2. Then I use a Kabuki-type brush and whisk on Maybelline Fit Me pressed powder in natural buff ($7.99, ulta.com) instead of a base.It evens out my skin tone and gives me a finished, polished look. It also comes in 18 shades!
3. My eyebrows get glammed with Essence Cosmetics Eyebrow Designer pencil($1.49, ulta.com).Then I line my top and lower lid line with CoverGirl Liquiline blast eyeliner ($8.99, walgreens.com). Lately I’ve been using Silver Spark; it’s a soft gray that I feel works with any eye color.
4. For shadow I grab my Estee Lauder Pure Color palette in Desert Heat ($45, esteelauder.com). Since I’m in a rush, I take brush and sweep the gray shade from lash line to just over the crease.
5. For long lashes fast, I then use Makeup Forever Smoky lash ($22, sephora.com). Two quick sweeps and I have luscious, noticeable lashes.
7. Last stop, the lips. I’ve fallen in love with L’Oreal Paris Infallible Le Rouge lipcolor and switch between Ravishing Red or Captivating Coral ($7.99 each, drugstore.com). One application in the morning, countless cups of coffee, sodas and more during the day, and it looks just as fresh as when I first put it on at o’dark thirty.
Best of all, if you absolutely have to put on your makeup on your commute, these products will fit happily into a small makeup bag.
PJ Gach is Senior Editor: Style + Beauty at BettyConfidential.