Holiday Gift Guide: 12 Gifts for Your BFF You’ll Want to Steal Back
Whether your budget is a little or a lot, we have something for your best friend.
-April Daniels Hussar
I love buying presents for my girlfriends, because I can generally just pick out something I would love myself! Of course, the hard part is actually wrapping it up and giving it away … as is the case with these 12 items below. Remember – ‘tis the season. And also, what are BFFs for if not to lend you the stuff you gave them? Fa la la!
1. Marc by Marc Jacobs Snow Bunting stud earrings. Such a cute and chic upgrade from simple studs. ($48, piperlime.com)
2. “Cocktails Anyone?” hors d’oeuvres tray by Kate Spade. Kate Spade can do no wrong. Give this to your BFF and then invite yourself over for cocktails, and try not to steal it on your way home. ($75, katespade.com)
3. So Elixir by Yves Rocher. It’s French, it’s hard to find, it’s scrumptious-smelling, it’s divine. It’s a woody, luscious fragrance with a hint of good-enough-to-eat. ($31.90, yvesrocherusa.com)
4. Custom sketch portrait from Kiki and Polly. Send Kiki and Polly a photograph, and you’ll receive a custom sketch portrait done in their whimsical, elegant style. Truly a gift that will be cherished always. Also you won’t be tempted to steal it … unless it’s a photo of your BFF and you … hmmm… (from $45, kikiandpolly.com)
5. Simple Times: Crafts For Poor People by Amy Sedaris. It’s amazing that one family could produce two such hilarious, wacky people as Amy Sedaris and her brother David (you have read his side-splitting books, haven’t you? If not, put them on your own Christmas list!). This latest from Amy Sedaris looks every bit as fabulous as her last tome, I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence. ($14.51, amazon.com)
6. Express sequin bootie. How do I want thee, gorgeous sequin bootie? This is a major splurge for sure, but wait for some coupon codes and you’ll eventually be able to get them for less. Who needs Prince Charming when your BFF has you? (And hopefully she wears your size…). ($98, on sale from $125, express.com)
7. Stila Color Wheel Eye Shadow Palette. Inspired by the color wheel, this bad boy contains 37 colors that can be used dry or wet for varying intensities and combos, two double-ended eye shadow brushes, a mirror and a 16-page Lookbook with photos of models in the numerous Color Wheel looks. Who says we’re too old to play dress up? ($38, stila.com)
8. Designer Doodles: Over 100 Designs to Complete and Create. For the girl who still loves to color and draw. Trust me, you’ll want one for yourself. ($9.32, amazon.com)
9. Borghese Dolce Luminosita Toscana Tuscan Sugar Glow. We heart all things Borghese, and this luxe sugar scrub is no exception. Just what the doctor ordered to slough off those winter blues and get silky glam for the holidays. ($43, borghese.com)
10. Pop Pom slippers from Gap. Adorable! All slippers should have pompoms, in our humble opinion. ($24.50, gap.com)
11. Juliette Has a Gun Purse Bullet. Say what? That’s right – a rechargeable purse fragrance, in the shape of a bullet. Inside? three vials of perfume oil with alleged hidden powers to bring men to their knees. Available in three fragrances: Miss Charming, Lady Vengeance and Citizen Queen. Va-va-voom! ($75, luckyscent.com)
12. Paquita vase by Jonathan Adler. Filled with flowers, this lovely lady will be a perfect reminder of your BFF’s BFF. ($38, anthropologie.com)