Happily Ever Chatter Series: 18 Ways to Reignite Your Relationship
Stuck in a relationship rut? Here are eighteen tips and tricks to vamp things up!
-The Betty Editors
|This post is brought to you by Hope Springs starring Meryl Streep, Tommy Lee Jones and Steve Carell. Watch the trailer here. In theaters August 8.|
Even in the best long-term relationships there comes a time when you find yourself harkening back to the hot and heavy early days — the thrill of the first kiss, the first time spending the night together, even your first fight! Here are eighteen ways to give that old flame a good dose of high-octane fuel!
1. Write a sexy note and hide it in his jeans or jacket pocket so he’ll find it later. Follow up with a saucy text.
2. Surprise him with two tickets to something he’ll love.
3. The next time he has you over, wear sexy lingerie under a coat, walk in the door, drop the coat… (and if you do live together you can still pull this off!)
4. Plan an open-air dinner near a lake, mountain, overlook or quiet park. When the two of you get in the car to go, have him wear a blindfold until you arrive.
5. Arrange a time and place for a rendezvous. Pretend you have never met-then get to know each other all over again. Bonus points given for using foreign accents.
6. Start exercising together. There is nothing quite like working up a sweat side by side — and science says that couples who work out together, stays together. It’s a win-win!
7. Go on a romantic getaway together, even if it is just to hole up in a hotel down the block. Changing up your location can do wonders!
8. Ponder your nightwear. There is a time and a place for sweatpants and old t-shirts, but not every night.
9. On that same note — if he has some clothes you love him to wear, tell him how hot he looks in them.