Golden Globes Hair How-To: Nina Dobrev’s Braided Updo
Did you catch ‘The Vampire Diaries’ star Nina Dobrev’s stunning braided updo at the Golden Globes? Here’s how to get the look!
We’re not sure HOW we missed this during the Golden Globes, but did you SEE Nina Dobrev’s hair, Bettys? Because it was FABULOUS! The Vampire Diaries star’s updo put a unique twist on two hot trends: Braids and topknots. Sweet and polished, the look complimented Nina’s super feminine dress beautifully,
Want it? Riawna Capri of West Hollywood’s Nine Zero One Salon, who created the look, gave us some pointers on how to get it. Read on for all the deets!
1. In order to smooth Nina’s mane and add shine, Riawna prepped the actress’ hair by washing it with Unite ULUXURY shampoo ($43, shop.unitehair.com) and conditioner ($47, shop.unitehair.com). These two products are infused with crushed pearl, Hawaiian white honey, and Argan oil for the ultimate in smoothness and shine. She followed it up with Unite’s 7SECONDS leave-in detangler ($19.95, amazon.com ) to add some extra conditioning and protection.
2. Next, Riawna blow-dried Nina’s hair using a 9-row Denman brush ($11.19, amazon.com) to smooth the cuticle of her hair.
3. You may need a little help with this step, but if you’re well-versed in the ways of the French braid, you might be fine on your own. In any event, Nina then flipped her head upside down while Riawna wove a classic French braid from the nape of Nina’s neck to the crown of her head.
4. Didn’t use all your hair making the braid? No worries—you’re right on track! After the braid was completed, Riawna pulled the rest of Nina’s hair up into a high ponytail. She spritzed Unite BEACH DAY texturizing spray ($25, amazon.com) through the dry ponytail to add density.
5. The hair was then wrapped and pinned into a classic bun.
Now go knock ‘em (un)dead!
Lucia Peters is BettyConfidential’s associate editor.