Don’t Panick! 10 Fab Last-Minute Gift Ideas
Panicked? Desperate? No need! Whether you need to ship or give in person, we have some great ideas for the procrastinating holiday shopper.
-April Daniels Hussar
1. A subscription to Craft Coffee. For your coffee-loving lovah. Each month, Craft Coffee experts sample 50+ coffees from roasters around the country, and only the top three make it into the box! (Starts at $29.99 for one month, craftcoffee.com)
2. L’Occitane Lavender Foaming Bath is TO. DIE. FOR. L’Occitane has tons of shops if it’s too late for shipping! ($34 for 16.9 gorgeous ounces, usa.loccitane.com)
3. Chandon Classic Brut by Domain Chandon. In my opinion, a bottle of bubbly is ALWAYS the perfect gift and this one is only about $10 at your local wine store! Check out Chandon’s Facebook page for some fun holiday sparkle ideas including decorating tips from Simon Doonan.
4. blush: the unbelievably absurd diary of a gay beauty junkie. Written by one of our BFFs and a frequent contributor Harvey Helms, this is a hilarious must-read! ($19.99, Amazon.com)
5. Some nailpolish and a gift certificate for a mani! Pop over to CVS and get some pretty holiday colors, or head to Sephora for something like this totally fab I want this Sephora by O.P.I. “Tinsel Town” Collector’s Set with 16 minis and one jewel top-coat. Pair it with a certificate for a manicure and your recipent will be all set for New Year’s Eve (and love you 4-ever!). ($33, sephora.com)
6. A magazine subscription! You can bust out the big bucks for a New Yorker subscription (I hope my husband is reading this because I SO WANT ONE!), or go for something more affordable and fun like two of my favorites, MORE and O! The Oprah Magazine; or a year’s worth of juicy celeb news with Us! Weekly; or something like TIME for the news-hound in your life. You can wrap up a current copy and give it along with a gift certificate!
7. Fannie May Champagne Celebration Strawberries from 1-800-FLOWERS. Each giant, hand-picked strawberry is generously dipped in creamy white and pink champagne-infused real chocolate and decoratively sprinkled with gold, platinum and clear sugar. Y-U-M!!!!! ($34.99 plus shipping,1800flowers.com)
8. The Charity Navigator “Good Card” is SO cool. From the reputable company Charity Navigator, this card allows your gift recipient to donate the value of the card to the charity of their choice. It’s too late to have a physical card delivered by Christmas, but you can order an email card or print one out! Each card cost $5, plus however much money you add to it — ALL of which is tax-deductible for you. The $5 goes toward Charity Navigator and The Network for Good, both of which are non-profits themselves. WAY COOL. charitynavigator.org/
9. Kiehl’s Creme de Corps. If you don’t want to pay for expedited shipping, you can get an e-gift card! Otherwise your best bet may be to pop into an actual Kiehl’s store. I am a slavish fan of their Creme de Corps and would probably propose if someone gave me one of the giant bottles! ($11-$75, Kiehls.com)
10. Sephora’s Color Daze Blockbuster. Sephora really is a great stop on your last-minute shopping excursion. This baby, a compact, expandable palette featuring 148 gorgeous formulas, finishes, and textures, is the ULTIMATE gift foryour beauty junkie friend! ($49.50, sephora.com)