Introducing CINEQUEST 21: A Film Festival Fostering Discovery, Innovation and Connection
BettyConfidential is proud to be a sponsor of the CINEQUEST 21 Film Festival.
Plus: Enter to win a Betty Beauty Swag Bag!
-The Betty Editors and CINEQUEST FILM FESTIVAL
Hey Bettys! We’re so excited to be partnering with Cinequest 21 to bring you some great articles around the theme of Movie Mavericks – check back here from now through March 20th as we update with new content!
Plus – Enter below to WIN a Betty Beauty Swag Bag!
The CINEQUEST brand was built around the “Maverick” spirit, and for over 21 years has remained true to this core ideology as it quietly grew to become the entertainment industry’s answer to emerging technologies and accelerated creative ideas that outpace the industry itself.
Lead by Co-Founders Halfdan Hussey and Kathleen Powell, the Silicon Valley based film institute produces the Cinequest Film Festival and runs Cinequest Distribution, Cinequest Mentoring & Education and its own brand new independent production and distribution arm – Cinequest Mavericks Studio, LLC.
Operated by a powerful combination of film producers and Silicon Valley leaders, CINEQUEST holds a very unique position in the global film community, providing a multi-faceted, fully integrated production, discovery and distribution system designed to give access and a voice to visionaries, sparking creativity and genius. With an uncompromising commitment to live at the forefront of emerging technology and creative innovation, CINEQUEST pushes boundaries and enables independent filmed entertainment to flourish, by empowering the Maverick.
Enter below to WIN a Betty Beauty Swag Bag!
· CINEQUEST launched Cinequest Mavericks Studio, LLC in 2010 to produce a slate of independent feature films. Cinequest Mavericks Studio (CMS) uniquely funds and operates the creative endeavors associated with the development, packaging, production and distribution of filmed entertainment for global audiences.
· CINEQUEST is the first film institute to provide a comprehensive U.S. distribution solution for independent film – encompassing DVD, Internet, TV, and select theatrical releases. To date, more than five million people have watched CINEQUEST distributed films online or on DVD.
· CINEQUEST is the first independent distributor to engage in direct Internet-to-TV distribution.
· CINEQUEST is the first organization in the world to enable DVD/HD-quality online downloads of feature films.
· CINEQUEST created Picture the Possibilities (PTP) to empower youth with the tools, mentors and training needed to turn their stories into film. The program provides powerful channels of communication across global communities, to provoke conversation and understanding through film and help drive change.
The Cinequest Film Festival is a celebration of the creativity and innovation supported by CINEQUEST throughout the year. Fast becoming the film industry’s newest “must-attend” event, each spring the Cinequest Film Festival’s inviting and lively atmosphere attracts an impressive array of actors, directors, filmmakers and film lovers who are collectively empowered to discover the next generation of talented superstars.
The Cinequest Film Festival will take place from March 1st – 13th in 2011.
WIN A BETTY BEAUTY SWAG BAG
Get some red carpet star treatment with a swag bag filled with at least $100 worth of worth of cosmetic, fragrance and skin care goodies. Who says celebs should have all the fun?!
1. First, like us on Facebook (if you haven’t already!).
2. Then, leave a comment below and tell us:
-your Facebook first name
-your all-time favorite movie maverick!
The winner will be notified via a private message to your BettyConfidential profile. Remember to allow for private messages for your BettyConfidential profile or we can’t contact you!
The promotion will run from February 16, 2011 7 a.m. EST to March 13, 2011 11 a.m. EST.