Beauty Road Test: Saint Germain’s Budget-Friendly Eye Shadow Palette
Put the shimmer in your summer with 88 stunning eye shadow colors that last and last.
As a regular eye shadow user, I’ve become jaded by brands that promise long lasting color. The pretty hues always fade or cake and flake –not exactly the statement you’d want to make.
So when I tried Saint Germain’s 88-piece eye shadow palette, I wasn’t expecting much. But there was nothing shadowy about these hues! I applied the shimmer powders each morning for a week straight. Every time, the color stayed perfectly in place and lasted from morning meetings to evening cocktails.
I had tons of fun mixing up the colors and wearing two similar shades at a time. The shimmer touch helped me stand out but was subdued enough for office wear.
Don’t care to get your sparkle on? This set is also available in a matte finish. You can pick up either version on the brand’s website for a mere $19.95.
And if you’re still trying to figure out how to get your summer shadow look just right, here are 7 tips from professional makeup artist Daniela Klein.
1. Soft and feminine, pastels will be hot this summer.
2. Use an eye shadow primer like the ones from Urban Decay to get the longest wear out of your shadows.
3. If you’re planning to wear two similarly colored shadows, apply the darker one at the outer corner of the eye to give it a lift and the light shadow at the inner corner for a more rested, awake appearance.
4. Use pencil before and after applying powder eye shadow for longer-wear and a dewy effect.
5. If you’re looking for a shade that flatters your skin tone, choose eye shadows that contrast with your eye color or shadows darker than your eye color.
6. If you choose a bright eye shadow shade, leave everything else plain, unless you want to look like a clown.
7. Most inexpensive shadows today are nicely pigmented and the texture isn’t too powdery; therefore, the difference is not noticeable.
From street fairs to strolls on the sand, Saint Germain shadows will keep your peepers looking oh so pretty. And the price is right!
Diana Denza is a regular contributor to BettyConfidential.