What’s for Dinner?
Crispy Tofu Milanese with Roasted Lemon
-Recipe courtesy of House Foods America
Developed by Billy Strynkowski, executive chef of Cooking Light Magazine
April is National Soy Month. Here is a delicious and simple recipe to celebrate the healthy goodness of tofu!
2 packages (24oz) House Premium Tofu or Organic Tofu Extra Firm, cut into 8 pieces in total (see directions) 2 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp dried oregano
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup all-purpose flour to coat
2 large lemons cut in half
1/2 cup olive oil for cooking
Light lemon broth (recommended):
1 cup vegetable stock
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp butter
1. Preheat oven to 400?F. Cut each package of Tofu in half lengthwise, then slice in half to make 4 pieces. Makes 8 pieces total.
2. Mix bread crumbs parsley, oregano, Parmesan and garlic together in large bowl.
3. Place beaten eggs and flour in separate bowls.
4. Coat Tofu with flour, dip in eggs then in seasoned bread crumbs.
5. Place lemon halves in small baking pan in oven for 15 minutes or until nicely caramelized and browned.
6. Heat large skillet, coat the bottom with olive oil. Place breaded Tofu in skillet and sauté on both sides until browned. Serve with roasted lemons.
7. Make light lemon broth by melting butter in small pan over medium heat. Add stock and lemon juice. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Pour over Tofu.