8 Reasons Why Joseph Gordon-Levitt Should Have Coffee with This Girl
After seeing ’50/50,’ cancer patient Lindsey Miller made a video asking Joseph Gordon-Levitt if he’d grab a coffee with her sometime. We think he should take her up on the offer.
Lindsey Miller is 26 years old. She lives in Los Angeles, and she’s in graduate school. She also has a rare form of cancer. She was diagnosed with pancreatic neuroendocrine cancer in October 2010, and she’s been undergoing treatment for over a year. Naturally, she was a little conflicted when she started hearing about the “cancer comedy” movie 50/50, but after seeing it, she was pretty astonished by it.
And she has a message for its star, Joseph Gordon-Levitt. In a recent post on i am a liver, a blog she writes about her experiences as a cancer patient, she wrote, “Also, I didn’t admit this in my first post about it, but after seeing Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s performance and seeing/reading some of his subsequent interviews about the film I thought, ‘This guy gets it. And he’s cute. I wonder if I could ever run into him somewhere.’ But even though I live in LA, it seems impossible to find him.” So she threw caution to the wind and included this video along with her post:
Joseph Gordon-Levitt? We think you should go for a coffee with Lindsey. And here are our reasons why.
1. That video? It’s super cute.
2. No, really. It’s SUPER cute.
3. Also, she has a point: Explaining rare forms of cancer to people you want to date must be incredibly difficult. And yes, Joe, you may not have gone through it in reality, but you are rather good about doing your research for your roles/getting all method-y about things, and odds are that thanks to your experience making 50/50, you’d totally understand. And I’m sure you’d have a lot to talk about.
4. You guys would make a cute couple. Just sayin’.
5. She dressed up as C3-PO for Halloween. That’s pretty cool. Who wouldn’t want to go out with a girl who didn’t bow to societal pressures to dress up as something skanky and went as a robot—and a Star Wars droid at that—instead?
6. It takes guts to send out a video like this. It’s not unlike Kelsey De Santis asking Justin Timberlake to the Marine Corps Ball. And hey, that one worked out marvelously!
7. If it were to grow into anything more, it would be one helluva of “This is how we met” story.
8. Why the hell not?
Let us know how it goes, Lindsey! We’re crossing our fingers for you!
Lucia Peters is BettyConfidential’s associate editor.