25 Things About Emma Watson
Everything you want to know about the ‘Harry Potter’ ‘It’ girl and fashion icon.
At the ripe old age of nine, Emma Watson became a part of a multi-million dollar movie franchise known as Harry Potter. As soon as the world met the British cutie, we instantly fell in love with her. In the past ten years, we’ve watched her grace the cover of magazines, balance being a fashion icon as well as a regular college student, and cut her locks into an adorable pixie.
Emma is a mix of beauty and brains – the kind of girl you want to befriend, thanks to her chic sense of style and the fact that she doesn’t count her calories. As the last HP movie, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, is set to release next week, what will Emma do next? We’ll just have to wait and see.
Until then, here’s a plethora of information you may not have known about Ms. Watson:
1. Emma grew up in Paris, and then moved to Oxford, England at the age of five after her parents divorced.
2. At 9-years old and with no professionally acting experience, she was cast as Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter series.
3. She’s one smart cookie! While on the HP sets, Emma and her fellow cast members were tutored five days a week. In 2008, she received top grades for A-Level examinations in art history, geography and English literature.
4. She just wanted to be a regular college student studying Liberal Arts at Brown University. But, she decided to drop out — NOT do to the speculated bullying rumors from fellow students. Her busy schedule for the last Harry Potter installments and other commitments were the reason behind the school split.
5. Not only is she beautiful and talented, but Emma is also a strong believer in fair trade. She worked with People Tree to create a sustainable and fair trade fashion line.
6. Emma also collaborated with Alberta Ferretti to create an organic clothing line. The five-piece line called Pure Threads debuted this past March.
7. This summer, Emma will begin working on a new film in Pittsburgh called The Perks of being a Wallflower.
8. She is not a calorie counter! “L.A. scares the crap out of me,” Watson has said. “I feel if I have to work out four hours a day, and count the calories of everything I put in my mouth, and have Botox at 22, and obsess about how I look the whole time, I will go mad. I will absolutely lose it.”
9. This year, Emma was nominated for the “Best Actress” category for the Jameson Empire Award and the 24th Nickelodeon Awards for her role as Hermione Granger in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. She did not win the awards, but she’s a winner in our minds!
10. Emma was in One Night Only’s music video in 2010 for “Say You Don’t Want It.”
More facts on the next page!