25 Things About Anna Faris
Here’s everything you need to know about today’s hilarious birthday girl, Anna Faris!
Let’s rewind to a little more than a decade ago. Before 2000, Anna Faris was non-existent in our hearts and funny bones; but after a gut-busting performance as Cindy Campbell in the horror-movie spoof, Scary Movie, her fate was sealed. Now the blonde bombshell has cemented herself as America’s funniest comedic darling, with starring roles in The House Bunny, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and What’s Your Number?. She’s also a new mom (congrats to her and hubby Chris Pratt!), and guess what? It’s her 36th birthday today! In honor of the occasion, feed yourself some fun little tidbits you may not know about this hot chick.
1. Born Anna Kay Faris on November 29th, 1976, the Baltimorean began developing her acting chops when she had her first paid job at the Seattle Repertory at age nine.
2. The world might know her as a superstar, but to friends and family, Anna Faris is simply… Anne.
3. Anna was a strange child. She even wore purple gloves for three months when she was eight so she wouldn’t leave her fingerprints anywhere and be framed for murder. Weird, since Billy wanted to frame her for murder in Scary Movie.
4. Though her comedic abilities are larger than life on the silver-screen, Anna is only 5’5”.
5. Anna realized the importance of education, so she attended the University of Washington and majored in English literature.
6. Stop the presses! Anna might have received parental privileges. Her father, Jack Faris, is a sociologist… who once worked at (surprise, surprise) the University of Washington.
7. Anna originally traveled to London to catch harness her acting abilities, but after filming the very lackluster Lovers Lane there, she realized that Hollywood had a star with her name on it.
Anna in Scary Movie
8. Anna Faris’ college roommate didn’t think she was funny enough to be in Scary Movie. She even called her and told her, “That’s so weird that you were cast, because you are not funny.” I guess her ex-roommate is convinced now!
9. I hate to admit it, but, maybe her roommate had a point. Before her starring role in Scary Movie, Anna had only been casted in serious roles… that all flopped.
10. Blondes have more fun– and Anna would agree, since she is naturally blonde. She chose to darken her tresses to be more Neve Campbell-esque in her role as Cindy Campbell.
11. Blonde or brunette, Anna is smoking hot in a bikini since it was her wardrobe staple in The House Bunny.
12. Speaking of The House Bunny, Anna received an MTV Movie Award nomination for Best Comedic Performance for her role as Shelly, a Playboy bunny.
13. Anna pulled off her bikini and posed nude for Playboy…all to promote the film and make men drool all over the world. Mission accomplished.
More about Anna, including how she met her fiance, up next!