Hair How-To: Jennifer Lawrence’s Gorgeous Coffee Brown Hair Colo
Coveting the gorgeous coffee brown hair color Jennifer Lawrence sports as Katniss Everdeen in ‘The Hunger Games?’ Here’s how to get it!
Just because Jennifer Lawrence won an Oscar doesn’t mean she’s slacking off—right after (and by “right after,” we mean less than a day) her big win last weekend, she was spotted leaving the salon after turning her natural blonde locks back to Katniss Everdeen’s brunette shade to finish shooting The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. No matter how many times we see it, we’re still amazed at how natural her color looks; it can be tricky for a blonde to go totally brunette and vice versa, so the fact that she looks like she was born brunette is quite an achievement indeed.
Wondering how she gets the look? The haircare experts at IT&LY dished to us exactly how Jennifer achieves this not-so-easy color transformation—and how you can, too! Read on for all the deets:
1. First, shampoo with a chelating shampoo like IT&LY’s ACP Chelating Treatment shampoo ($9.95, amazon.com). This will remove any traces of oils or styling product build-up, allowing for more even color coverage.
2. Dry your hair, then mist in a leave-in treatment like the 2 Phase Hydrashine ($8.99, amazon.com) to even out your hair’s porosity (again, this is about getting the ultimate in even color coverage).
3. To get Jennifer’s rich brunette shade, use IT&LY’s Colorly 2020 permanent hair color in 4TN ($9.99, amazon.com), a gorgeous coffee brown.
4. After processing, rinse thoroughly, then shampoo and condition lightly (“lightly” being the key word) with IT&LY’s Advancecd Color Protection shampoo and condition ($19.95, amazon.com).
5. Lastly, give your hair a spritz of IT&LY’s Color Loc spray ($15.68, beautydepot.com) to seal the cuticle for long lasting coverage.
Lucia Peters is BettyConfidential’s senior editor.