15 Vixen Red Lips to Wear Now
These ultra sexy red lipsticks will brighten any day or night.
Gwen Stefani loves red lipstick. She’ll wear red lips to take out the garbage, play with her sons and on the red carpet. So shouldn’t we stop wearing it for “special events,” and make this vivacious shade part of our daily arsenal.
Lindsay Watts, cosmetology expert and an instructor at Empire Beauty Schools suggests that before you slick on that lipstick, ”Doing an exfoliating treatment on the lips… will help avoid any flaking. A more budget-friendly option is to take a toothbrush with soft bristles and gently rub it over the lips to eliminate any dry skin.”
Remember that red lips instantly brighten up your complexion. When wearing red lips, do what Gwen does and use a neutral eye and cheek so that your lips and your smile stands out.
Here are some red lip colors we adore:
1. Victoria’s Secret VS Lipstick- Perfect Lipstick in Showstopper ($13, victoriasecret.com). Wearing Victoria Secret lipsticks is like applying silk to your lips. The feel is soft and sensous, the color is always fantastic. The richy, cream formula moisturizes your lips too.
2. Lipstick Queen Sinner matte lipstick in Red Sinner ($18, bigelowchemists.com). Lipstick Queen lipsticks are a cult favorite. Red Sinner’s a matte lipstick that’s all pigment!
3. Lancôme L’Absolu Rouge in Saffron Silk ($29 at lancome-usa.com and Lancôme counters nationwide). Kim Kardashian loves Lancome lippies. Lancome lipsticks are packed with moisture-boosting Pro-Xylane™, so lips stay soft for 8 full hours.
4. Clark’s Botanicals has the Ultra Rich Lip Tint in Rachel Red ($19, clarksbotanicals.com). It’s a lip treatment and lip color in one tube. This is a true red that’s sheer, so you get that pretty hint of red.
5. Red Carpet lipstick from Essence Cosmetics ($2.49, ulta.com). Bargain beauty price with lots of luxury beauty packed in one lipstick. Lots of shiny color, Red Carpet is the color of the case and will last a while.
6. NYC Ultra Moist Lipwear in Ruby ($0.99, drug stores and mass merchandisers nationwide). This lipstick will last through many cups of coffee.
7. Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss for Rimmel London 01 deep brick red ($8.75 drug stores and mass merchandisers nationwide). Rimmel London debuted this in England in September, and mow we’re getting it. It’s a new collab between the super model and the makeup company. Kate wears this all the time. it’s highly pigmented and long wearing.
8. Sonia Kashuk Luxury lip color in SH Rosebud 72 ($8.99, target.com and Target stores nationwide). Makeup artist Sonia Kashuk knows that women are always on the run; it’s why she packs all her cosmetics with moisturizers. Get perfectly shiny color that won’t ever dry out your lips.
9. Urban Decay lipstick in Revolution or Sellout ($22, urbandecay.com). Dark red or true red? Urban Decay has both. Each lipstick has Vitamins A, C, and E. They also contain. Hyaluronic Spheres (found naturally in the body) are added to stimulate cellular function, prevent dehydration. These lippies also fill in lines and wrinkles, nice, huh!
10 Avon Ultra Color Rich lipstick in Red ($3.99, shop.avon.com). This is a true red with a hint of shimmer and shine. It also has a nonfeathering moisturizing formula for long lasting wear.
11. ybf Royalty Collectible Pewter Lipstick in Royalty Red ($28.80, ybfstacey.com) This limited edition lipstick’s case is embellished with glistening Swarovski Elements. The red lipstick is creamy and so smooth on your lips. It’s buildable color that can be as intense as you’d like it to be.
12. Iman Cosmetics Iman Red lipstick ($10, imancosmetics.com). Iman Red is a sligthly blue red that does rock with any skin tone. The formula is a moisturizing, semi-matte lipstick that is also very long-wearing.
13. L’Oreal Paris Target Red Colour Riche lipstick in Target Red ($5.99, target.com and Target stores nationwide). It’s a slightly sheer red that works with fair and olive skin tones.
14. Maybelline Color Sensational in Very, Very Cherry ($7.89, soap.com). Pure pigments make sure that you get very true color.
15. Nyx Cosmetics Black Label lipstick in Fire ( $7.50, nyxcosmetics.com). This is a pinky-red. A super moisturizing, creamy lipstick. Long-wear color and moisturizer in one tube.
PJ Gach is Senior Editor: Style + Beauty at BettyConfidential.